About Find the Fit
Find the Fit aims to help students successfully navigate the college search and application process, and enroll in quality colleges that fit their needs and preferences. It is designed to be used during the summer before and during students’ senior year of high school. Find the Fit is grounded in research on promising college advising strategies to provide benefits to both students and advisors.
Find the Fit provides specialized tools to successfully navigate the college search and application process, including:
- Semi-customized materials that demonstrate a range of possible college options selected for students at various academic ability and income levels; and
- Planning logs designed to highlight key milestones and deadlines, supporting their progress to stay on track in their search and on time with their applications.
For College Advisors
Find the Fit provides an array of practices and resources to enhance the college advising support they already provide to students, including:
- Training modules that incorporate emerging research;
- A toolkit with materials and activities designed to help staff guide students with their college searches and applications. The materials and activities will support college advisors to deepen students’ understanding of important factors to consider in selecting colleges and promote student planning for the application process.
This page includes all the resources and materials necessary to use Find the Fit. Resources include:
(1) Student materials, available as downloadable PDF, Word, and Excel files
(2) College advisor resources, including links to nine trainings modules and the advisor handbook
(3) Text messages that can be sent to students, along with detailed instructions on how to implement the text message component of Find the Fit
(4) Parent materials, which include an optional letter to share information with parents about Find the Fit